prep time: 15-20 minutes | cook time: 15 minutes
Does anyone else accidentally refer to candle scents as “flavors” like half the time? Rose & Perry Co and I have teamed up so one of their delicious candle scents can actually be a recipe flavor – their Maple Butter candle and my maple butter muffins! Rose & Perry Co is a Black, woman-owned business that specializes in small-batch, natural ingredients in soaps, candles, lotions, and incense. I love the products and the owner, Crystal, is the most energetic and positive people I’ve ever met and motivates me to kick my booty in gear and work hard. Which is saying a lot considering the only thing I really get excite for is sleep. Check out this scent and all they have to offer at roseandperry.com!
makes 10-12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (260 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk (4 ounces)
- ⅔ cup maple syrup (7.5 ounces)
- ¼ cup butter, melted (2 ounces, or half a stick)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix the streusel topping – do this and let sit in fridge an hour or more ahead of time for optimal results (or even let it sit overnight). The colder it is, the better the crumb mix holds up in the oven. Mix until crumbs just begin to form – don’t overmix! Set in the fridge until you are ready to top the muffins.
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Melt butter in the microwave or over stovetop until just melted. Let cool down to room temperature.
- Mix dry ingredients with a whisk so everything is well incorporated.
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until the batter just comes together and the flour is fully mixed into the batter. Clumps in muffin batter are perfectly fine – we don’t want to overmix!
- Divide evenly into a greased muffin tin (or with baking cups in it).
- Take the streusel out of the fridge and top each muffin with it.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425° F, then reduce the oven temperature to 350° F and bake another 5 minutes (check that you can stick a fork into a muffin and cleanly remove it with no muffin crumb sticking to it).
- Let cool 10 min, then DIG IN.