prep time: 5 min | cook time: 15 min
Got bread going stale at home? A perfect way to still get use out of it is to make croutons. Croutons should be good for at least a couple of weeks after baking.
- Bread, especially a loaf going stale
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cut bread into cubes (or just tear it loosely into cubes).
- Put bread in a mixing bowl and drizzle olive oil over top. Sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt evenly (I don’t measure amounts, just cover evenly across the top to start).
- Toss bread until oil and spices coat evenly.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway through, until lightly browned on each side.